Currently in 3.1
- Ulduar 25 gives Conquest Emblem
- Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10 gives Valor Emblem
- Naxx 10 and 5-man heroics give Heroism Emblem
Change in 3.2
- Naxx 25 & 10, and Heroic 5-mans will give Conquest Emblem
Significance: (1) by doing 5-mans and low-tier raids, in 3.2 you will be able to buy badge-gear that previously only Ulduar-25 man raiders could access, (2) and get them very fast by running raids you might otherwise have ignored, (3) with no loot drama (everyone gets badges from a boss)
- New raid Coliseum has new tier armour and weapons, and drops new Triumph Emblem
- Heroic 5-man daily quest will reward 2x Triumph Emblem, and daily dungeon will reward 1x Triumph
Significance: 5-man dungeons will reward tokens such that anyone can (eventually) get the highest tier badge-reward gear
- We presume the bosses themselves in a heroic 5-man will only drop Conquest Emblem (it’s only the heroic dailyquest reward giving Triumph)
The end goal of all these changes is help minimize the growing gear gap that is causing a lot of frustration for players trying to experience the latest content as well as encourage players to continue running the dungeons that were previously released. - Bornakk
Thanks Csulok for helping me get my head around this. For simplicity, I didn’t type out that Ulduar-10 ‘hard modes’ currently give Conquest Emblems.
Read Blizzard post.