I just came across this speed-raiding guide on StratFu, written in February but I’d not seen it before. It’s very comprehensive, and covers in details the points I have just touched on about fast raids.
Their guide includes:
- a set of two videos with on-screen tips
- guiding principles and detailed notes for leadership
- top ten speed tips
- for addons to help, check some of my recommendations or Vranx‘s. An older version of the stratfu guide suggested out-of-date addons, particularly these were wrong:
- don’t use XRS, use Raidbuffstatus
- don’t use Utopia, use DebuffEnough
- use Recount for death-log analysis, not Expiration
- use EnsidiaFails, not Failbot.
Overall I like their guide and agree with the guidance. It’s great to have a video.
One example I liked from the detailed guide:
If you’re either a main tank or a raidleader, you can start doing this with your next raid. You don’t have to wait to reach a particular dungeon, or to get the guild to some specific gear level.
Your guild *is* capable of it as long as you’re willing to put in the effort.
And this doesn’t take the fun out of raiding — it means people spend less time on the icky stuff like trash, and more time grabbing purples and chatting with their friends.
You can download high-res versions from Stratfu which are easier to see than Youtube.