For Frost tanks, what threat values do some of these talents provide?
- chill of the grave: +1.6% with Icecrown dodge-nerf radiance, 1.8% outside it (tested by going from 1 to 2 points)
- scent of blood: 1.1% with Icecrown radiance, and 1.4% outside it
- subversion: 0.9%
- dark conviction: 0.6%
- runic power mastery: 0.4%, which is a tiny gain, but you take the talent for quality-of-life so it’s easier to keep 20 RP
I like taking the [spell]Icy Reach[/spell] talent, since it doubles the range of howling blast, which is excellent in AOE situations and makes it easier to start a fight with HB.
Of course, that doesn’t result in higher TPS calculations in a sim, but talking from experience, I weight the range talent very highly.
Other good places for the talents are:
- [spell]Deathchill[/spell], superb to use with HB as an opener on trash packs
- [spell]death grip[/spell] so you can more easily grab ranged mobs in 5-mans
- [spell]chilblains[/spell] surprisingly good in 5-mans, for added control
- [spell]acclimation[/spell] does reduce your incoming damage, it’s a mitigation talent.
I have also analysed Blood talents in a similar way.
There’s still a bug in Kahorie’s sim for dual-wielding tanks, so I can’t check if there’s any difference with two-handers. I would expect runic power talents to be more valuable.