I’m in a discussion about world of logs at the moment. Forum writer ‘opdk’ started some analysis between frost and blood tanks, using WoL, with some side-by-side data he had. I had earlier asked for help to analyse [spell]acclimation[/spell] and the two interests have converged. See the thread. Look around dk.info for some of his other data munging.
Hopefully it’ll lead to some more solid analysis on the value of acclimation (and then [spell]spell deflection[/spell] too) as damage-reducing talents.
Even if you don’t click through, I’ll give you a nice snippet of info on a hidden feature in World of Logs to give data on absorbs (like PW:S) and resists (like Acclimation):
- In the normal WoL menus, select your character
- then go into ‘damage by spell’
- then scroll down to ‘damage taken’
- you will see all the breakdowns in a big table format
- here’s the hidden tooltip in the absorb column, which shows resists in total and a breakdown:
Discipline priests should already know about this data, for obvious reasons.
I’m pretty sure it means this:
A: ## is the amount absorbed
R: ## is how much damage was resisted in total, and how many times a resist occurred
and the displayed total in the Absorb column is =A+R