Join us in discussing the upcoming changes over here in the forums.
Notable changes and questions they raise:
- death strike self-heal got nerfed, does this change the value of mastery -vs- avoidance? Formerly they were about equal, and we were inconclusive on which is better
- IBF can now break a stun, which could be useful from time to time
- Crimson Scourge (a crap talent, which I do not ever use) has been changed so it’s probabalistic now. Sconnell did some maths on it. I believe it works on melee auto-attack and special strikes, he layed out the table of probability. Consequently, it will now works thus: put plague strike on target, and whilst they’re diseased there’s a chance you’ll get a free blood boil. But is that any good?
- Heart strike and rune strike do more damage (not like we needed that)
- the glyph to reduce the cost of self-heal death coil has been changed, will only help you to heal your ghoul; whilst that greatly effects the Lichborne-tank self-healing style most of us are using, there still is no better alternative spec. Whilst it is nerfed, it still remains a tank cooldown for survival.
Racials, discussed over here.
- Dwarf racial is now awesome for tanking: flat 10% damage reduction every 2 minutes. I’d seriously consider switching to Dwarf if I was Alliance. Plus Dwarves look awesome.
- Draenei racial: 20% over 15s makes it a solid contribution to tanking during a period of sustained damage.
- Sadly Tauren’s useless tanking racials weren’t changed (unless you’re a Druid, since they can now interrupt with it).
- Otherwise, no good upgrades for Horde DK tank racials, all on the Alliance side who are now spoiled for choice.