I recently spent some time looking at my UI, noticing little things out of place and fine-tuning it. I like to minimise clutter and messages, so I can focus on tanking. I centralise the important information, and fade-out the ancillary.
Whilst doing this I realised, I don’t need to see half of my action bar anymore, and could hide it. The abilities like heart strike and rune strike and so on. I could hide them all, and would only need to see the tanking cooldowns since I need to see their timers. The keybindings to my Logitech G13 (review) are all in muscle memory now. I look at my rune bar to know which attacks to use.
In the screenshot, you can see that my next move should be a death strike followed by rune strike, and maybe moving away from the neighbouring melee who’e electrocuting me. You can see the blood barrier has 8.8K health remaining, thanks to Blood Shield Tracker addon.
I have my target’s health bar vertically below my own, with target of target tucked beneath that. I have my focus-target above my player frame, with their target in turn above that. I show my focus’ debuffs since it’s usually my co-tank. I have numbers shown for mana and % for health, as boss phases are linked to them.
I heavily filter my player buffs and my target debuffs to only show important ones.
I’m pretty happy with my UI overall.
Addons I use include:
- Shadowed Unit Frames
- Doc Debug Runes (I must remember to disable its disease tracker, don’t need that really)
- Blood Shield Tracker
- Mik Scrolling Battle text (I disable a lot of the events it would show, to reduce spam)
- Deadly Boss Mods (I usually disable most of the warnings for bosses, so only those which matter are in my face)
- Death Note (for post mortem after each wipe) and LoggerHead (automatically turns on combat log)
- Threat Plates for Tidy Plates.