For DK tanks, it’s pretty simple.
- battle rez instead of ghoul conversion. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.
- interrupts do not miss, so mind freeze for 10-man tanks is more viable than before. Thus, you can anticipate encounter designs to incorporate more interrupting by the tank.
- Death Strike self-healing no longer generates threat. Not a big issue.
For these two reasons, I would tend to spec into endless winter with my free points.
Otherwise, not much change in 4.1 compared to 4.0.6 for the tanks. Chat about it over here.
- A dead player can now be resurrected by targeting them using the Party or Raid Frame even if they have released. No more hunting for corpses.
- Flask of Steelskin now grants 450 Stamina, up from 300. I’d now start using Flasks instead of stamina scroll and mastery elixir.
- All non-damaging interrupts off the global cooldown will now always hit the target. This includes Pummel, Kick, Mind Freeze, Rebuke, Skull Bash, Counterspell, Wind Shear, Solar Beam, Silencing Shot, and related player pet abilities.
- For PvP, a nice touch: several persistent ground effects now display different visuals for hostile and friendly players. The following spells have the same visual effects for friendly players, but new alternate visuals for hostile players: Ring of Frost, Consecration, Desecration, Wild Mushroom, Flare, Ice Trap, Power Word: Barrier, Smoke Bomb, and Hand of Gul’dan. As a general rule, the alternate effects have a red tint or hue indicating they are created by an enemy player.
- Targets and focus targets now display on the mini-map.
- Bonuses if you queue in LFD as a tank.
- New tanking heirloom items.